This is the Introduction guide to Matched Betting. Before you start making money, you should read it to get the necessary info and understand the technique. Take your time and don’t be scared if it is a little confusing at the beginning. With our guides, it will be easy to do and the more you do it, the more you get comfortable with it. For every other question check our FAQ page or send us a question.
What is Matched Betting?
Matched Betting is a technique to convert the bonus that bookmakers offer to real money. This is not a get rich quick scheme. It is a way to gain some extra money working from home. It is not gambling: in fact, this technique is designed to eliminate any risk from betting.
How does it work?
To attract more customers, bookmakers offer a free bonus to new users. You will get your bonus when you make the first deposit, but they will not allow you to withdraw it. They require you to bet with your bonus first. The Matched Betting technique entails following all the instructions to make the bonus withdrawable without risking any money. This is possible because we place two bets:
One bet (called Back bet) on a team to win. For example, the Netherlands to win a match
Another bet (called Lay bet) on the same team to NOT win. In our example, the Netherlands to NOT win the match (this includes the draw)
With the two bets, we are sure to win our money whatever is the result of the match. This is possible because we have bet our money plus the bonus. Now that we have bet, it is withdrawable, and we can put the money in our bank account.
Seems easy? It is. The difficult part is to satisfy all the terms & conditions the bookmarkers apply to the bonus and to calculate exactly how much to bet to have the same return regardless of the result of the bets.
Luckily, there is this website where you can find all the bonuses listed with the step-by-step guide to obtain them. Don’t worry about the calculations either, the calculator on our website will do them for you. You will only have to register on the websites, follow the instructions on this website and make money with the bonuses.
Back bet: bet that the event will happen. You “back” the team.
Lay bet: you accept someone else’s back bet. You win if the other loses the bet. You can place lay bets only on betting exchanges like Betfair.
What do I need to start?
To make money with Matched Betting, you need to have:
- Identity card (scan it or make a photo and keep it ready to be uploaded) or another identification document.
- A utility bill, some websites may ask for a utility bill in addition to your ID to prove your address. A utility bill may be any bill with your current address written on it (telephone, electricity, health insurance).
- A computer and an internet connection. Do not use public internet connection. The bonuses are given only once per IP address (the identity code of your connection) and per house address (no, you cannot use your roommate’s identity to get the same bonus again). Some websites don’t work well on certain browsers, try switching to Chrome if that happens.
- Some money to deposit on bookmakers and place the bets. We recommend having at least 100€ to start. You will use this money to get the bonus and place the bets, after completing the offers you will always be able to withdraw it. If you follow our guides, you will never risk losing it.
- A bank account/credit card/Skrill account registered with your actual address. The best way to deposit/withdraw from betting websites is by using credit cards (Mastercard or Visa). If you don’t have one/you don’t want to use it, we suggest creating an account on Skrill. It’s an online wallet you can use to pay on bookmakers’ websites. Having a separate wallet to use only for Matched Betting can help you to keep track of how much money you make and it adds more security to the process. Create an account here in less than 2 minutes. You can check our complete payment methods review here.
How much can I make?
You can expect to make around 1000€ with the welcome offers. When you run out of the welcome offers, the bookmakers offer weekly bonuses to get you back to bet on their websites. You can make 200-300€ per month with these recurring bonuses.
Why does not everyone do it?
You need some time in the beginning to understand the concept. Furthermore, there was no website like this one before to teach you how to do it, with detailed guides for every bonus. In the UK more than 100.000 people tried Matched Betting, and they have a stable secondary income working from home few hours a week.
Why do not the bookmakers try to stop you?
They can’t. If they want to offer bonuses to their customers, there is no way to know if someone is registering to only get the bonus or to stay on their website and become a usual gambler. There are significantly more normal gamblers that they attract with the bonuses than people doing Matched Betting. Thus, it is still profitable for them to offer bonuses.
Thank you for your attention so far. Let’s understand more about back and lay bets: Go to the next guide
Never placed a bet in your life? Still confused how bet, odd, bookmakers work? Check the betting introduction guide.